One of my short-term goals for January was to start working on some new art journaling projects. I've been interested for some time in using inks in my journal. So I'm starting from scratch, and will see where it takes me.
The videos that I've watched haven't helped a lot except for telling me what supplies I need. I bought three different colors of Adirondack alcohol inks and some photo paper. After two dark cards (above) I realized I needed some Silver Mixative and Blending Solution to dilute the ink. At least I think that's what was wrong.
Working with alcohol inks can be very... messy! And dangerous! I'm glad I was using some heavy paper to protect my table. If you do use inks like these, protect your hands too. After my first session, I decided to wear plastic gloves after walking around with multi-colored hands for a week!
I tried some of the inks I bought in Italy last spring. See this yellow card? Well, I spilled my little bottle of yellow ink all over my drop paper. Not to waste the ink, I rubbed my photo paper in the spilled mess. You can see how the red alcohol ink reacted a little (not a lot actually) with the yellow.
Here's why I decided to continue making alcohol ink sheets: they work well as focal points in my journal. I took one of my sheets from last week, pasted it into my journal, and started drawing and writing on my page. I'm thinking I might created a theme with these alcohol ink sheets. We'll see.
Here's my second try. One this page, I decided to tape the sheet into my journal. Again, I wrote a little about what was happening that day.
This post is for both AlphabeThursday's Letter I and my BBArtisans' January Challenge - Try A New Technique. Come visit other AlphabeThursday links at Ms. Jenny's ... off on my tangent...