My design change is the addition of houseplants.
- kitchen window - herbs
- bathroom windows - small potted plants
- workroom windows - ivy and small potted plants
- bedroom - African Violets
- den - lemon tree
- living room - large plant, bouquet
- porch - annuals, in spring
Plants always make a room more cheerful. And during the winter, it's especially nice to bring some green inside. So instead of a bouquet of flowers (except for special occasions), I'd rather have plants sitting around the house.
For my birthday, mom is getting me a lemon tree, that I can move inside during the winter. They aren't available at her nursery right now, so it's a gift I can look forward to in the spring!
See other List It Tuesday colorful posts, at Aimee's blog, artsyville.